Monday, February 29, 2016

Once Upon a Moonlit Night... - Chapter 6: Pizza Day

Read Chapter 1

Read Chapter 2

Read Chapter 3

Read Chapter 4

Read Chapter 5

"Welcome to Rafferty's Pizza, how may I help you?" said the lady working at the cash register forcing a smile.

"I do believe you know me." said Loony. She produced her school ID and handed it to the cash register employee. After looking at the ID, her demeanor changed.

"Oh yes! Loony and friend. My mistake. We have a table with two Blue Moons and a large Kelly's Premium waiting for you! Just pick your table and it will be delivered." said the lady, this time actually beaming with excitement.

"Thank you, my dear." replied Loony. "Where do you want to sit, my Tail?"

Talie looked around and, behind her, saw an empty booth the perfect size for two people.

"How about that booth?" asked Talie. "It'd be the perfect size for the two of us."

"Whatever you wish, my Tail." replied Loony. Talie felt a shiver go down her spine as they made their way to the booth. They sat across from each other. Almost instantly, their pizza and drinks were brought over. The pizza was covered in a variety of meats and, unsurprisingly, the alcoholic drinks reeked of potential bad decisions.

"When do we pay?" asked Talie.

"We don't. My family has a deal worked out with the management. Free food and booze for the Wolf Pack." replied Loony, putting a slice of pizza on a plate and handing it to Talie. "Here's a slice for you."

"Thanks." said Talie, taking the slice of pizza. "Wolf Pack?"

"It's what we call ourselves, don't think too much on it." replied Loony, supplying herself with a pizza slice.

"And we get booze even though we're..." started Talie.

"Shhhhhh." replied Loony. "If you say that out-loud, they'll take the booze away. ...You're such an innocent, little girl, I like that about you." Loony took a sip of drink and took a bite of her pizza. Talie was speechless. "Well, eat up, my Tail."

Talie took a bite of pizza. She was pleasantly surprised at how much she liked it. She also took a few sips of her beer. Talie didn't like the flavor very much, but since Loony seemed to like it, she drank it to humor her.

"What deal has your family struck?" asked Talie.

"I don't know. My aunt has all the information about that. I stopped listening after hearing "free food and booze." replied Loony. Talie thought that was fair."So, your parents worked at Disney World."

"Yeah." said Talie. "Though I preferred the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal."

"I've always wanted to go there." said Loony, eating more pizza. "I've loved those books ever since I was a child."

"I... liked the movies." said Talie, hoping that wasn't going to be a deal breaker.

"Lucky, you get the read the books for the first time. Next time, let's have a Harry Potter reading date." said Loony. "Who's your favorite character?"

"I liked Tonks okay." replied Talie.

"My favorites are a tie between Luna Lovegood and Remus Lupin." replied Loony, finishing her pizza and beer. "Whenever you're ready, we can go get desserts at the Chocolate Ox."

Talie finished her pizza and beer in silence. After finishing her meal, Loony took her by the hand and they walked to the Chocolate Ox. The place was covered, head to toe, in candy and sweets. Loony brought her over to where they served ice cream. The server was a woman who could only be described as a witch who time traveled her way to the present from the late 1960's.

"Hello Oceania!" said Loony.

"My dear darling Loony. And who's your friend?" said Oceania.

"This is Talie. She's new to town." said Loony.

"Nice to meet you, Talie." said Oceania. Her smile was wickedly sweet. "One scoop of vanilla ice cream each?"

"Yeah, that's fine." replied Talie. Oceania brought out two cones of vanilla ice cream for Loony and Talie.

"Feel free to hang out inside. It's cold out there. I'd for either of you to freeze." said Oceania.

"Thank you, Oceania!" replied Loony.

"Thanks." said Talie.

Talie and Loony walked around the store, talking about candy, school, Harry Potter, and other sweet nothings that the casual observer would just ignore. After finishing their ice cream, Talie and Loony made their way back to the car. Once the music started playing again, the drove out towards Talie's cabin. The sky was cloudy and everything was dark, minus the headlights from Loony's car. After much time had passed, they had arrived at Talie's home.

"Did you have fun?" asked Loony.

"Yes. I did. Thank you." said Talie.

"Do you want me to walk you up to the cabin so you don't fall again?" asked Loony. Talie laughed.

"I appreciate that, but I think I'm good."

"Okay." said Loony. Talie couldn't help it. She kissed Loony on the lips. Before she could pull away, Loony put her hand around Talie's head to make the kiss last longer. Talie could feel herself melt, never wanting this moment to end. But, eventually, their heads separated. Loony smiled.

"I've been hoping for that all night." said Loony. "Have a good rest of your evening. See you on Tuesday."

"Thanks." replied Talie, out of breath. "You too. See you." Talie quickly made her way out of the car, up the hill, and to the cabin. She looked back to see the car's headlights fade into the horizon. There was a beep on her phone. Talie took out her phone and saw that she had received a text from Andi.

"How was the date?" the text read. Talie quickly typed back a message.

"Everything I could've hoped for and more."

Read Chapter 7

No comments:

Post a Comment